Wednesday, September 10, 2008

...Anticipation

"We can never know about the days to come

But we think about them anyway, yay

And I wonder ...

Or just chasin' after some finer day


Anticipation, anticipation

Is makin' me late

Is keepin' me waitin'


Okay, do you sufficiently have Carly's song in your head? (sorry, I haven't figured out the 'loading video' thing yet...)


This song has been going through my head ALL DAY as I have been working out in the gardens and yard!!!


Most people don't consider me as being a person who deals well with 'change'. Yet, as one season draws to a close and we are on the eve of another, I sometimes feel like a little kid. "Is it time yet?" "Are we there yet?" For some strange reason I don't feel a sadness for the season that is about to come to an end. Yes, sometimes a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done before the onset of this new stage... 'Spring Cleaning' to clear out the Winter Dust; 'Clean the gardens' of their spent flowers; 'Closing the porch' before the first snow, etc.., etc..

~BUT~

Remember 'EBOR' (for every action there is an Equal But Opposite Reaction)!! EBOR is always much easier in my book when the negative comes prior to the positive! When my conscience is clear of "to-do lists", so that I can FULLY enjoy... the first crocus, the first snow fall, the first pumpkin stand by the road...


So today was spent preparing for FALL (oh, my MOST FAVORITE of FAVORITES!!)! It was a crisp day here, but SUNNY! There was a chill this morning that allowed me to indulge in throwing on a big comfy sweatshirt while enjoying a cup of joe on the back porch. Soon it had warmed enough for shorts and a t-shirt to be worn while tending to some 'to-do items' out of doors...

The sunflowers were drooping and pretty much spent, so they were uprooted and composted - but not before a few last blooms were saved! The blue bucket is filling rapidly with seeds for next years gardens!

Some more Japanese Lanterns were harvested, trimmed and tied with rafia...

Herbs were gathered and chopped for drying, and a few last tomatoes were ripe...

I may not thrive on 'change', but I do like the 'anticipation' of the new seasons!!!!

2 comments:

Shara said...

Anticipation......Now I'm hungry for Ketchup!

I love those Janpanese lanterns - I've never seen any of those - do they grow from a seed or a bulb? I'd love to grow some - they are gorgeous!!!! Our graden needs to be torn out - it is a big dead mess. We still have a ton of green tomatoes. I wish they would get RED!

T.F. Torrey said...

Beautiful pictures, peaceful thoughts, wonderful post.