Sunday, May 31, 2009
I also stopped at a small greenhouse to pick up some Basil (been craving pesto in a BIG Way), and to check out what they had along the lines of 'different herbies. Their herbs all looked great and they had FIVE different kinds of Basil!!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
~a cheapie grass skirt (found at a Garage Sale for .25¢) 'dresses-up' a curbside stand~
~now resides on the wall above the 'grass skirt stand'!~You may remember this BOX. With a little graphic inspiration from a 1966 booklet HAWAII'S FLOWERS, PLANTS AND FRUITS /Marie C. Neal of B.P. Bishop Museum (mahalo to Shara)... It has a new look on life! I pulled some leftover paints from the basement for the base coat, added wheeled casters from my Dad's shop, painted freehand, vibrant graphics on the top using my stash of craft paints, quick clear coat, and voila'! Porch-ready side table/ moveable stool - complete w/ storage!!
Okay... we're ready!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
We planned our path to cross with The Avon Flea. I only get to this one once or twice a summer, so it was a HAPPY DAY - Especially when I spotted this, sitting right out in the open on a table...
The Sweater clip to the bottom of the photo has a pendant on it - round with a seed in it. I have seen these in different pieces of vintage jewelry before, and now that I owned one, I wanted to know what kind of seed it is... Here's what I found: MUSTARD SEED BUBBLE CHARM !
As we were scouring the Haeger books...
DH: (pointing to a photo) "Hey, this almost looks like that one you have on the porch table..."
Me: (looking closely) "It is!!"
***Remember this purchase from 9/08, which has been stored away in the attic, awaiting it's appearance on the 'Hawaiian Porch'?? Turns out he is a 1950's piece by Royal Haeger -HAWAIIAN STUD is actually NATURE BOY! ***
While at my parents, there was rhubarb to be had - which later resulted in THIS Raspberry-Rhubarb pie...
The journey home, HAD to include a stop by one of my favorite SEA GLASS beaches. Love 'new' fuel to keep me a practicing my soldering!!
So, what have I been up to in 'my' real world?
- The sale was a HUGE success (though, NO vases of cut flowers sold!!) ... six boxes were shipped off for a local church Rummage sale, leaving two for me to take to a consignment shop. That's it. ALL GONE!!
- The porch (in all of it's Hawaiian stylin') is ready for the partaking of drinks with little umbrellas!
- Our salmon Iris have finally blossomed!
- I have started 're-shelling' the stump in the flower bed (I had this completed a couple of summers ago... but then the bark started peeling off, now it is time to start over - no bark this time!!)
- 'REBECCA of the garden' has had her yearly 'concrete patching', 'new tubing', 'fresh paint' and is all decked out with fresh plants - WOW! talk about a 'high maintenance' girl!!
- I'm sure you are all a little concerned by now at my lack of 'stuffing it' (I think DH was even a bit worried about me - 2 weeks - NOTHING!!).... Rest assured, I was out bright and early Saturday morning!! The lure was a 'Street Wide Sale' and a 'Community Sale' . HA! Somebody needs to inform these people, that 'Two sales does not a Street Wide/Community make!'. Luckily, enroute I stumbled upon a Church Youth group having a sale at a private residence, just as they were opening!!
WICKER & GLASS & SILVER... (sombrero, Austrian Airline glass, 2 small Swanky Swigs (??), dark amethyst glass jar with tin deco cover and a carving set...
PLASTIC & POTTERY...