Saturday, July 4, 2009

..."morning and evening, Daytime and nighttime, too"

Lately, I've had a song going through my head that I just can't get rid of... Don't ya hate that?!
Let me digress... When I was in about 3rd grade, my brother was in the High School musical 'You're a Good Man Charlie Brown', and Mom bought him the 'record album' (yes, as in LP). I L.O.V.E.D. that album!!! Now, for some reason I'm being haunted by HAPPINESS (...two kinds of ice cream... knowing a secret...). ( SUPPERTIME was also a favorite of mine from this album, but luckily I didn't have that one memorized to heart!).

I don't know why this song has suddenly emerged from the depths of memory lane.
Despite the lack of saling weather here in the NorthEast, I can definitely think of a few lines to add to the song...
...finally making a long awaited 8hr. roadtrip to the Seaside.


...a yard FULL of roses.


...a trip souvenir Trifecta which includes a Royal Haeger television lamp (my first!!).


...and spending a morning of the Holiday weekend in our yard picking my beloved berries (mulberries, blackberries, red raspberries)!! I tried out a new recipe for Mulberry-Rhubarb pie - pies are NOT my forte', but this one was pretty darn tasty! Hope everyone has/had a safe & happy 4th!

1 comment:

Shara said...

Your roses are beautiful! I am jealous! Do you cut them and enjoy them inside too? A trifecta on vacation?? - AWESOME!

Glad you are back! (Blogging, I mean!)