Sunday, July 5, 2009

...words of Wisdom??

The first two cactus blossoms opened today - YEH!! For many of you this may not seem like a big deal, but here in the NE (Zone 5), to have a cactus survive and Thrive as an outdoor perennial is a pretty big deal!
I called my parents last night to wish them a happy Fourth. As usual, Mom asked me what DH and I had done that day. I told her that I attempted a Mulberry-Rhubarb pie in the morning, and then in the afternoon, some guys DH works with had a little cookout, and we took the pie for dessert (so we wouldn't be tempted to eat the WHOLE thing by ourselves!!). Mom then asked "How did the pie turn out?" I told her that there wasn't a crumb left. Her reply...
"Guys that don't get it often are much more appreciative and less critical."
Hmmm....

5 comments:

Shara said...

Baw-ha-ha-ha-ha. That is a classic MOM!

misselaineous said...

HHmmmm...is right! Your Mom sounds like a very smart lady!! Doncha just love it when Mom's come out with gems like that??!!! *elaine*

barbara said...

Completely impressed with the cactus. And your mom ... well, she pretty much said all that needs to be said.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

OH!MY!GOSH! I love it...needs to be painted on a wall, doesn't it??

barbara said...

Did you know about this? (Keep scrolling down to Anthropologie)
http://www.sweetjessie.com/2009/07/day-two.html