Saturday, November 22, 2008

...it's here to stay.

We have had snow, on and off, for the last couple of weeks, but...
This is what greeted me this morning when I stepped out onto the porch at 7am! When I went to bed last night, we only had a light dusting, so you can imagine my SURPRISE!! Sure, getting a few flurries in November is nothing new, but they say 'It's here to stay'. Ugh. Yes, it is pretty... for about the first five minutes.

2 hours later, this is the view from our kitchen window of the hill next door...
Yes. it's still coming down - HARD, but the neighborhood kids are out enjoying it. (If you look closely you can see the 'sledding' paths in the middle of the photo!)


EVERYWHERE I LOOK!!! (view from the window by the computer)
It's a good thing I got the Thanksgiving decorations out last weekend, 'cause had it been left for this weekend, I'm sure they would have been bypassed and I would have gone straight to Christmas!!

** DISCLAIMER: This IS NOT going to become a 'weather' blog... but the first 'real' of EACH season is always noteable **

*STUFF FINDS of the week will come later...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess there's no yard sales this weekend.

It does look pretty doesn't it? Its the after-looking must-go-out-shopping-or-work that it begins to lose its lustre!