Saturday, April 19, 2008

...a garbage-picking we go...



...AND WHAT GOOD FINDS SPRING HAS TO OFFER!!



I spotted this on my way home from work the other night, went home, parked the vehicle and 'sprinted' back to check it out!! The rest is history...

Originally, I had figured the shade and brass lamp would be destined for resale. At first 'drive by' I had assumed the shade was made of some kind of shells. Upon closer curbside inspection, I found that the shade is a Nice, old 50's mylar/fiberglass - divided within a leaded framing.

I 'HAD' to try it on an old pottery panther lamp that I've had in the attic....

VOILA'!!

Not a 'perfect' match, but I think this shade has found a new home!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I think it looks kinda cool on that panther lamp. How could you tell it was from the 50s?

Monica said...

Nice!!!! it looks great!

Shara said...

Cool trash find! That is a neat lampshade! When is your flea market???????