Sunday, January 17, 2010

... cheap thrills!

Or maybe a better title would be 'WHY?!'

Yes.~ They do have an 'inner sparkle'. Yes.~ The colors truly are 'that' bright and tacky in real life - no enhancement necessary! Nothing 'realistic' about these babies.

Never fear, all has not gone completely haywire in my world (though it was up to 40° a few days this week!!!!), I did come home with 2010 Sweater Clip #3, and a glove clip. Both quite simple, but with some subtle charms (much like the grapes - ha, ha!!), and for a quarter a piece...

3 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Oh my, I would kill to have those grapes. I just bought a "new" (translation: Chinese fake with repro signature) Roseville console bowl and the plastic grapes would give it just the perfect touch. Fake grapes, fake Roseville. And yes, I knew it was fake but at $20 it was a heck of a lot cheaper than a real one! I'm always on the lookout for retro plastic fruit and flowers but don't find them very often--I think people just threw them out after they'd collected dust for years.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

And yet, I am very attracted to those grapes...glittery grapes...who wouldn't like them?
♥, Susan

Vintage Christine said...

Plastic fruit is 50% off at Hobby Lobby this week, so guess who bought several bunches of grapes and a can of glitter spray . . .