Wednesday, July 13, 2011

...just not a 'pattern' kind of person!

Well, it's not the case with this girl! I may be trained in reading architectural floorplans and specifications, but put a crochet pattern in front of me and forget it! I have a serious mental block when it comes to crochet patterns, and why I thought it would be different with these 'EASY CROCHET FLOWERS', I'll never know!!
After seeing those 'Plarn-look-alike' flowers the 'other vera' is putting on her bags, I was bound and determined to figure out how to make one though! Soooooo.... The other night, armed with a ball of my orange plarn, crochet hook, and laptop computer (for pattern!) I settled into my favorite chair on the porch, bound and determined I WOULD MAKE FLOWER! (okay... maybe not an identical 'flower', but a flower of some sort would be good!).
Okay, so here is the first attempt. My spirits were still okay at this point. I'll give it another try.
ALRIGHTY NOW.
Attempt #2 (front right) is done.
I'm starting to lose a bit of patience with this.
Less than impressed.
Mosquitoes are biting
This is NOT looking at All like the freakin' one on the computer.
J just came out and gave it some backhanded compliment that I REALLY didn't need.
I think that is enough for day one.
Next evening.
Same set up ~ New roll of plarn... maybe yellow will make a difference.
Oh, and I'm giving up on the pattern ~ I'm winging it
Yep, I think Free-style is more my style.
#3 is still wonked out, but I'm getting closer.
#4!
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Played around some more 'free-stylin' and got some bigger petals.
Fun, but WAY.TOO.TIME.CONSUMING!
Bring on some button lovin'!

The little flower baby originals go together REALLY quick (after the Plarn is made!).
OH the possibilities and Color Combos....
Pins for bags, jackets; hair clips, magnets.... mmmm
I think you'll be seeing lots more of these little ones!!

3 comments:

Shara said...

Good work! There are adorable! I can see a big bag covered in them. Sounds like a fun project.

Louise said...

You're a braver woman than I. The flowers are very cute, though, so I'm glad you persevered.

ROBBIN (with 2 b's) said...

Love, Love, Love the flowers! I can't knit or crochet anything,so I am quite impressed, especially since I know your history with "crafting".

By the way, the girls received compliments on their plarn bags last week during a trip to the pool with friends. The other mom along on this trip (who is super crafty & stylish) loved them!