Sunday, April 3, 2011

... 'They say...'

As 'THEY SAY...' "When it rains, it pours" - oh how true it is! (...and I'm not talking that wet stuff from the sky.) The thing that REALLY worries me is if "April showers, bring May flowers" (so to speak), then I may be in REAL trouble!!!

GARDEN/YARD: Shabby Tin Garbage can destined for some plantings in my garden (.50c) and Tacky Coconut Monkey to join the Ranks on our Summer Porch (.50c)


When I left the House Fri. am, I had T.W.O. bags -o- stuff to drop off at the Thrift. I've been doing good on that half of my New Years Resolution!! I had even planned ahead for a Rummage Sale advertised for Saturday! Now as for the 'Purge 211 a Month' portion of my New Year Resolution... I'm still working on it - REALLY I AM!... but I did fall a bit short in March. Oh well. I am going to keep plugging along.


~BACK TO THE GOOD STUFF~


SCARVES / LINENS: Yes. I am a scarf junkie. ECHO. PAOLI. and my belove VERA! (2011 #7 & #8) - .25¢ ea!!

Friday surprised me with TWO unexpected Estate Sales!! One that I stumbled upon on my way to work (Early Bird Gets The Worm) and the other I got to just 1/2hr before they were going to close - after finally making connections w/OODLES to find out the locale of her '7~APRON' Sale - being the last day everything was 50% OFF (Second Mouse Gets The Cheese) - AND Barbara left me some VERA!! THANKS BARBARA!


BLING / SHINY METAL: Gems galore!!!


Between the three sales that I went to Friday and Saturday, I pretty much got my fill of all of my basic 'food groups'... and for once I'm NOT talking VERA~HAEGER~SWEATER CLIPS! I'm speaking a bit broader and more generic... 'GARDEN / YARD'.... 'SCARVES / LINENS' .... 'BLING / SHINY METAL' ... 'POTTERY' ... 'RETRO THREADS' ... 'MISC USEFULS'.

**NOTE: These comprise the majority of 'MY' basic 'food groups' ~ I realize these will vary for each individual (Thank Goodness or Oodles would never share estate sale locations with me!)

Look at this 'COPPER CRAZINESS'!! It's like I was destined to have it, and that 50's confetti bracelet in the middle... 8-)


The jewelry at the Friday morning Estate sale was A-Maze-Ing!! Sat. was their 50% off day. I ended up stopping back Sat. morning, enroute to meeting 'The Crew' (College Girlfriends) for a retail shopping trip at a nearby Outlet Mall!


SOOO MANY of the pieces of 'BLING' I bought with the intention to sell, but I think that I may need to give them a 'little lovin' first! The Rummage Sale Sat am had tableS of jewelry in a DARK corner - 'Everything .25c Each Unless Marked' (basically nothing was marked). It was sooooo dark that you could hardly see though! One of the 'usual gold diggers' (Picker who dives for the jewelry table with his loupe in search of anything that he can sell for the gold or silver value) was there with a flashlight. I was just grabbing anything with an interesting 'shape' (for a quarter, what the heck! I can sort them out at home.). I liked the 'square-ish' lines of this bangle - imagine how excited I was when I discovered the marks on it at home !!! THE first piece of Tiffany that I have ever owned 8-)!

POTTERY: Ben Seibel for Iroquois, McCoy Cookie Jar, USA Cat planter, Bennington studio piece, Handpainted JAPAN and Shawnee

MISC USEFULS: New Rolls of Easter fabric wrap (.25c ea), New Packs of Spring Napkins (.25ea), Box Lot w/ new X-acto knives, Swingline stapler, misc (.50c all)
RETRO THREADS: FUN! Clothes Day... $6.50 total= BC Ethic Retro Atomic print shirt; KaLani Hawaii Shirt; Retro Swim & Sun DeWeese Design Dress; Teddi of California Shirt


I had a hard time finding anything of interest at the outlet mall after all of these 'one of a kind' finds at unbeatable prices!! The shopping company at The Mall was beyond compare though!


5 comments:

Mrs. 5C said...

TIFFANY!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! :):) What a find! :)

Barbara said...

Did not even think to check for Vera - so I'm thrilled it was there for you!

Unknown said...

A Tiffany bracelet for a quarter? That may be the find of the year! Love that confetti bracelet too--yummy!

Vintage Christine said...

I have that same little kitty planter in turquoise and when I saw it at an estate sale, a familymember told me her 80 year old mother had gotten it when she was a teenager, so yours is probably that old, too. I LOVE that you got that bracelet away from the picker, too. Great finds, girlfriend!

Louise said...

That is quite a haul! What amazing luck to find a Tiffany bracelet for only $.25. Your luck was amazing that day.