Thursday, August 20, 2015

...What's YOUR gadget?

My 'latest' Loves...
Over the past few weeks we've added a few new GADGETS to our kitchen arsenal, and quite honestly, I don't know how we ever survived without them!! From (L) to (R)...
1.)THE VEGGETTI (NIP 'as seen on TV'... 50¢): Love our squash/zuchini-noodles (szoodles?).  Have always cut them by hand, this makes life SOO much easier - it's FUN!
2.) PAMPERED CHEF "Mix 'n Chop" (like new...25¢): A couple of weeks I met up with my Niece (L) and we hit a Thrift.  I grabbed this immediately upon seeing that it was a P-C!  Had no clue what it was, so back in the car L did some research... it for mashing or 'breaking things up' (see photo!!)
 
Never knew I needed one, but now that I've tried it - IT ROCKS!!
3.) LIME JUICER (.10¢)- have actually been on the hunt for one of these for a while.  After watching one of my fav. bartenders demonstrate, I knew it was a MUST!
  Necessities? NO.  But in our book, anything that makes me WANT to try my hand at the culinary arts is GOOD!
  How about you?  Do you have a mad crush on any gadgets in your Kitchen??!

4 comments:

Rob and Monica said...

You got them all at bargain prices! I don't know if we have a favorite kitchen gadget (aside from the cork remover for wine) but I know I love our salad shooter. We don't use it for salad. We use it to grate cheese for chili, pasta dishes, etc. It is very handy and much easier than grating by hand! (Rob)

Shara said...

I have a whole drawer full of gadgets that I have thrifted. I have a cherry stoner, lime squeezer, a wine cork puller, creme horn molds, petit four cutters, hor de'ourve forms and on and on. We like looking for oddball things to tryout.

svelteSTUFF said...

Hmmm- I've mastered The Cork Puller!(Especially the needle type you insert into the cork, pump air into bottle & the cork POPS out!), but am going to have to check out a Salad Shooter!!!

Le-Chat said...

I was struggling with an overloaded pan of risotto a minute ago... Would have loved to have that stirring device!