Friday, January 24, 2014

...DEPT 14

I have  'new-to-me' additions to my 'tool box' arsenal...


I'm sure any of you who follow me on PINTEREST can guess in a heartbeat what my latest obsession is...

 I've been lurking in the aisles of the 'Big Box' craft stores for quite a while... just waiting for the right sale / coupon before I made The. Plunge.  The other day I was discussing 'metal stamping' with my boss at the 'old downtown Hardware Store' - he gave me The.Most.Puzzled.Look and said "We have those."  Then proceeded to show me a low, corner shelf in the hardware that held several of the most WONDERFUL pre-loved, dove tailed wooden boxes in various sizes of LETTERS (only one PLASTIC box of Numbers!!).
((sigh))
It was LOVE at first sight.



 and now, 'DEPT 14' joins the rest of MY special TOOLS ~ all of which live in MY special TOOL BOX!!  
Okay all you bloggers - fess up, I KNOW YOU have your own quirky SPECIAL TOOLS & BOXES TOO - I want to hear about them!!!!
The 'clam knife' is probably my
FAVORITE 'all-time-go-to' tool!

You were wondering 'WHY the blue evening bag?' - I could tell!  Well... It is in there to hold all of the 'essential smalls' - you know The 'Metal Chalk', The extendable magnet, The small metal file, the hole punches in various sizes, the boyscout canopener, the line level...



5 comments:

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Lovisa is a retail accessory store in Australia. Really cheap prices when things are on sale. I'm rather jealous of your tools & stamps. Looking forward to checking out your blog. Leisa. Xx

Shara said...

I ordered a new set of those and they don't work too great. I bet your old set is awesome. I have a big old fruitcake tin full of all my jewelry making supplies. I have *my* own pair of needle nose pliers and I caught the husband trying to borrow them the other day. NO. Those are MINE.

Robin K. said...

Be still my heart! Stamping on something other than paper! I love the idea of making a dog tag style necklace.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

OK, those must be the most gorgeous of stamps ever! Love your tool box, looks a bit like mine!

ROBBIN (with 2 b's) said...

Old tools are always better than new tools. Those stamps are great, I think the box is even better! And that clam knife...I have one just like it...given to me by someone very special who I haven't seen in waaaaay too long.