Friday, October 15, 2010

...'tis the season.

'Tis the time of my most favorite season,
when I must concede defeat... ...when warnings of frost force us to pick the last garden and put her to rest... though the new recipe for green tomatoe cake is definitely a keeper, and I did get SEVEN ripe raspberries yesterday!

...time for one last outdoor bash...
Baseball playoffs are happening... which means it's time for Fall lobster/clambake/World Series party at the house this weekend. I'm NOT into Lobster or baseball, but I'm always game for a party - so let the festivities begin! Hope everyone dresses WARM!!

Can you believe in all of my 'saling' this year I only found O.N.E. red glass candlestick holder?!!
Oh well, the search will continue!

....BIRDS are heading South...
Yet ANOTHER plarn bag complete! This one for a VERY DEAR 'sno-bird' friend who is heading back south shortly. I worked with her for years and she is like a second mother to me. We had gotten together for lunch the day before my tooth trauma and when I saw that she had photos of some of my bags in her 'brag book' that she showed all of her FL friends, I figured I REALLY needed to make her one of her own!!

(...and for anyone who ever said I cut things 'close', I'll have them know I had the bag finished at 2am, and our luncheon date wasn't until noon - SO THERE!! )




3 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Oh great, now I have to be on the lookout for RED CANDLESTICKS, too? Your plarn bags are just too cute, Sue, and I know your friend was thrilled to receive it!

Jim said...

I agree that I don't want the frost to come! Yet anyway.
Jim

ROBBIN (with 2 b's) said...

You couldn't have made a bag for a nicer lady! I am sure she is thrilled to have something so special from you! I do miss Marie, but I use her cook book quite often!