This gem came into my posession Nov. '08.
Last Thurs. there was a message on our machine that it was 'ready' and I could pick it up at my convenience.
A week prior I had taken it (and another dress with similar needs) to a local woman who does seamstress work in the evenings (the same person who had done the beautiful work on my Mom's 50 yr. old wedding gown!!). ALL of the seam threads rotted and had to be redone - "No problem.". Easy for her to say! While she was at it she also gave me an extra 1 1/2" in the hemline, and tried to assure me that it wasn't TOO SHORT for a 42 yr old. I still am not completely sold on that, but I wore it anyways (with a pair of spandex shorts underneath!!).
Friday the sales really stunk, but it just didn't matter, because 'I brought home' the biggest treasure of all!
Saturday, my HKC saw the Light of Day, in what I guesstimate to be the first time in about 40-50yrs at a Very-casual, park wedding in Oodles lovely town of Skaneateles, followed by reception/lunch on the mailboat.
- 1 1/2 yr hanging in the closet
- 25 lbs lost (no thanks to me - strictly a side effect of some migraine meds!)
- $7.50 WONDERFUL Seamstress
- 4 hrs at the Outlet Mall looking for the perfect colored spandex shorts
- Most generous Blog-Buddy-Shara
- Special day of feeling like a million bucks in my vintage frock - PRICELESS!