Sunday, August 2, 2009

...with the rain comes a rainbow

Rainy day on Friday, led to slim saling. I did manage to uncover a few things worth hauling home...
A. CAISE signed bronze Art Deco lamp - missing flutes and a couple of chipped fingers, but I still like it!
Swivel Stamp holder - speaks for itself!
Just plain FUN! Retro case
The pure BEAUTY of Saturday MORE than made up for the rain on Friday!! Couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect day for that niece of mine...

...since the Bride was a little girl, she has HATED wedding cakes - and always said she wanted to have pie at her wedding. And PIE she had! A whole table full of them made by her loving relatives... Apple/Raspberry, Strawberry/Rhubarb, Key Lime, Apple, Cherry... DELISH!!

5 comments:

Shara said...

Wedding pie - whoda thunk it. Looks like a great weekend. Stuff, family, pie.... What could be better?

Unknown said...

This is really good, I like to see people who march to the beat of a different marcher...I like the idea....

Missa said...

Whoa, that stamp holder is AWESOME!

misselaineous said...

I like your niece...my kind of gal...I don't like wedding cake much, either. Too sweet, too frou-frou. And I think the whole wedding cake in the face thing has gotten out of hand....Cherry pie is so much better!!!!! LOL Have a great week! *elaine*

pve design said...

I love pie too! How sweet to have pie made by family!
pve