Tuesday, August 11, 2009

... what summer is made for

It was a WONDERFUL, relaxing weekend roadtrip with the 'bestest' friends to hang with family......see new sites...


...visit some Ohio wineries...




...and even hit some sales! (Madison, OH just happen to be having it's 'Old Tyme Days' while we were there, so the saling was extended Wed - Sunday!!!)


All topped off with fresh picked blueberries over ice cream - drizzled with chocolate, of course!



Just when I thought things couldn't be any more perfect, we hit a sale and uncovered this great 'Road Runner w/ turquoise eyes' sweater clip...


~and~

A cylinder pottery vase - no idea of maker (May be Haeger, or it may not), but I love my 'souvenir' of our OHIO ROADTRIP!!



The long weekend was jam packed with fun, as was our vehicle on the way home! Thus, I had to sadly leave this behind - and all I have is a photo...

Ah, but it is good to be home, pick our first tomato for dinner and have our first fresh BLT's of the season!!
More tales from our saling adventures in Ohio once I've had a chance to unpack and wash some thing!! Now I'm going out to try and catch some of PERSEIDS - wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Shara said...

Your link leads me to MY Blogger Dashboard????? I didn't know about the Meteors - we are out to look for ourselves!

Sounds like a FUN, FUN weekend!

svelteSTUFF said...

OOPS!! I think the link is fixed now... maybe.

krys kirkpatrick said...

Speaking of BLT...add avacado and onion and your all set.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

What a blast! And don't you love signs that say "Fabulous Sale" ?? That would've killed me to leave that little chair set behind, too:)

misselaineous said...

Hey...Thanks for stopping & commenting on Love2...yep! Miss Priss is a chalkware wall hanging fish, complete with eyelashes and killer red lips!!! Dontcha you just love it? My new thrift is run by a guy named Jim...his prices are awesome. He gave me a "just because" discount on my bag o' goodies today...without rambling on for 2 long here...I'm looking for stuff at home & a-field to celebrate my upcoming 100th post. Should Miss Priss look for a new home? Let me know what you think, okay? *elaine* ps..I see from your profile that we're both Saggitarians..when's your B.day? I'm 11.24...leave out the year for today :o}