Thursday, August 25, 2011

...it's in the air!

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but here in the NorthEast, there has been an 'unofficial' shift of seasons! Dipping into the 50s at night and then barely into the 80s during the day. It's not marked on any calendar, but 'pre-Autumn' is upon us. As I drove to work this morning I noticed a certain 'stillness', a serenety and calmness. Yes, the chaos and light-heartedness of SUMMAH had come to an abrupt end. A 'wee-bit' early? Maybe. But, this is my most favoritest time of the year!!
This isn't the 'True-Calendar-Autumn', when the trees are all naked, winds are sub-zero and Old Man Winter is knocking at your door. This is 'pre-Autumn'... when the first shades of gold and amber are appearing in the trees, brisk evenings make a light cardigan a necessity with your capris and all the Farm Market stands are brimming with goodness.SOON those Fall Festivals and Church Bazaars will be popping up all over the place!!


Time to start planning and preparing, hunting and gathering, crafting and divesting...


But first,

today DOES mark a SIGNIFICANT calendar day....

The first day of...

THE NEW YORK STATE FAIR

(a True sign of 'pre Fall'!!)


**NO, THESE ARE NOT VERA, JUST ME 'PLAYING' WITH MY CAMERA... AND USING SOME SHOTS AS FILLER...*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not even a pre-autumn here, yet! We've actually been breaking heat records this week, with temps of 97-98 for days. And I know I complained all Spring about wanting it to be warm, but this is too much! Mid 80s sounds dreamy right about now.

Shara said...

Oh, don't EVEN get me started on this freaking HEAT. I went to a yard sale earlier for 45 minutes and had to strip down when I got home because everything was soaking wet. NO FUN. Lucky, lucky YOU.

Vintage Christine said...

Yup, it's the same here--hot as Hades. I'm longing for that cool weather, also because that means that the end of hurricane season is coming and that's never too soon. I HATE hurricane season! We don't get pre-autumn--hell, we don't even get AUTUMN. It's summer, then winter. Maybe two or three days of autumn if we're lucky.