Sunday, May 2, 2010

...Chocolate Chip Cookies?!

Do all Gecko's appreciate chocolate chip cookies as much as this little guy seemed to??
Sorry... just back from Vac Cay, and as a Northerner with little exposure to these critters, they have always fascinated me. While stalking one for a 'photo shoot' (yes, I was on my hands and knees under a table...) I caught it darting to a 'chocolate chip cookie crumb' which held it's attention for quite a while... Do they actually eat them????

So, anyways....
as WONDERFUL as vacation always is - having people cook and clean for you (do 'neat-freaks' who have immaculate houses appreciate 'housekeeping' as much as us 'slackers' do??), Sun! and Fun!...
It is also WONDERFUL to come back home.
Reconnect with loved ones, relax knowing what's within easy reach for dinner, and no stress of mapping out directions or worries about 'the rental car'... 8-)

(Had to include this shot I took of these FUN! chandeliers in a shop)

Now I must try to get over my Post-Partum-Lazy-River-Stress-Disorder.... maybe Thrift-Therapy will help... hmmm...

2 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Your vacation spot looks incredible! Since I live in the South, come Spring it's ALL-GECKO, ALL THE TIME. They're all over the place--every time I go for the hose or to open the garbage can they scurry out and scare the bejesus out of me. Then at night they decorate the windows going after the bugs that are attracted to the house lights. This of course drives the cat crazy.

Shara said...

I loved all your Facebook updates the past week. You saw some cool stuff!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip and some big time fun. Any vintage souvenirs along the way?