Monday, January 11, 2021

... 'H' is for...

 

Have you guessed??

Back by Popular Demand (LM!!), I'm picking up on the 'svelteSTUFF Alphabet of Collectibles' where we left off (a couple of years ago??!). THANK GOODNESS when I'm lacking for content, I have PLENTY of collections to fall back on !

For this series, I'm trying to uncover collections that I haven't mentioned EXCESSIVELY on here already (just click on underlined collection name for link to to previous ramblings!!)...  

So it's definitely NOT...




HAEGER Pottery
~or~

~or~
~or~


~or even~



Today's 'honor' goes to...

The iconic HOLT HOWARD!
This is a VERY SMALL collection in our house !   I first fell for them in the 1990's, after reading an article about HH in COLLECTIBLES magazine (anyone else remember that short-lived, but AMAZING quarterly??)


PIXIEWARE (1958-1962)  These little whimsical Pixies are the first HH that stole my heart.  However they are extremely elusive.  In the past 30yrs, these are the only pieces that I have found (IN MY $range!!).  Most of them the Top/Spoon was found separately from the bowl.
I am also attracted to the 1960-70's patterns & designs they used, and I am a sucker for HH stray, lonesome mugs, and can't leave them behind
This cute kitty caught my eye, and her price was right & ripe for resale, but I am afraid she has found a forever home with me!
...and who can have a fondness for HH, without paying Homage to their early pieces - Red Apple and le Coq Rouge?


until next time ~

BE WELL
enJOY !!














No comments: