Wednesday, January 23, 2019

... 'B' is for BOSSON, brooches, Buddha and MORE!

**DISCLAIMER:  The items that I am presenting in this blog are not an advertisement or endorsements for their original intended use!  I am merely presenting bits of oddities, past cultures, and glances of eras-long-gone!**



With that said, 

"B" is for...








BOSSON, MADE IN ENGLAND: produced by the W. H. Bossons Company of Congleton, England between 1948 and 1996


We first stumbled upon these 'wall masks' while scouring sales for 'Tacky Chalkware'.  These are of higher quality and detail than the general Wall Chalkware.  Bosson produced a wide variety of masks and figures, but their 'Nautical / Salty' pieces stole my heart! 
*NOT all of these are 'BOSSON', but have a similar feel*



...and they are the perfect accents to our Sea-Loving décor!
We have but only a few - but 
' three or more, a collection does make!'
THANKFULLY, these can be pricey for the 'serious collector', and are seldom found in my price-range (a couple of dollars!)
**Just realized I have done a post previously on BOSSON, I am linking it in case you would like to go check it out!

Of course, "B" is also for...
(But, as with many of our collections, these have been covered in Past Posts TOO!  I am linking to these in case you missed them!)



(which we could do an entire ABC's series on in itself!  Amethyst, Bling, Cats... - hmmm, Maybe?)

~AND~

~AND~
Of course there are MANY MORE, but I will spare you!!

Yesterday, I made a 'new-to-us' find that has been on my list for MANY years...
It was only $8 - so even as a faux-décor piece, I grabbed it in a heartbeat!  BUT it is HEAVY - made of mahogany with a brass center.  No markings.  We have been trying to research it, but are not having much success.  Anybody know how to tell a real vs. faux SHIPSWHEEL??


Regardless of the Shipswheel lineage, it is a sweet addition to our home!!


BE WELL
en JOY!





No comments: