Thursday, April 9, 2009

...'cute' 'pastel' 'fluffy' 'pink' - NOT!

'Cute'.
'Pastel'.
'Fluffy'.
'Pink'.
None of these words would, or have ever, conjurred up an image of me in anyone's mind! (Okay, maybe my Mom daydreamed that her fourth child ~ the ONLY girl after three boys ~ would be a 'girly girl', but that was SHORT LIVED!!).
Maybe this also explains my lack of an 'EASTER' gene. Stuffed Bunnies, ceramic chicks and fuzzy ducks in pastel yellow, pink and blue just don't stir any creative inspiration in me, and marshmallow Peeps make me want to gag (though, they are FUN! to put in the microwave and watch explode!!).

This year I 'almost' broke out of the box and went with a vintage 'Lady Head Vase' inspired theme, or did a pseudo 'Infant of Prague' shrine.... but tradition reigned.


I do have two boxes of Easter decoration. One is mostly baskets and grass. The other is mostly fuzzy, fluffy, stuffed bunnies that DH bestows upon me every Easter (??? - skip the rabbits, just give me jelly beans and white chocolate!!). This is where being sentimental infuriates me! I should just 'ditch this crap'... but I can't because there are special memories attached, and once a year I feel the need to revisit them...

MY FIRST EASTER BUNNY (circa 1968)...

MY CHILDHOOD POWDER PUFF BUNNY (had to have 'powder' after my baths!!)...
'MY-STYLE' BLOWN EGGS...

Oh, I will be happy to pack this Lot back up and store it away in the attic for another year!!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Shara said...

I SEE VANILLA TOOTSIE ROLLS!

I think your childhood bunnies are great fun. I love easter adn all my goodies, but I am ready to pack it all up and put the tree up until Fall. It's Spring!

PS Happy Easter.
PS I think it is sweet your huby gets you a bunny for Easter! ;o)

Tiffany said...

I love the powder bunny. :)

I'll be honest, I'm glad my hubby doesn't buy me anything stuffed. I wouldn't mind if he bought me chocolate though...

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I am loving that old stuffed bunny!