Wednesday, November 27, 2013

...want to feel like a teen again?

Tues.morning we watched the weather diligently...
They were predicting a 'HUGE' storm to hit,
~but~
I had a list a mile long of things I needed to do (before the storm and the Holiday)!
Finally, we decided it was clear until afternoon,
so off I went to work for a few hours and then
with 'To-Do' list in hand...
(A little background info: We live 18.9 miles from where I work  = 1/2 hour of all back road travel... basically 1 gas station at the half way mark.)
Anyways, about 10 minutes from the house the LOW FUEL light comes on ((oops!))
No biggie... (not feeling like a teen yet) plenty of gas to get to the gas station...
Except, when I get to the gas station, I realize I had left my purse at home... 
No CASH
No CREDIT CARDS
No CHECKS
((oops!!))
Now, there is a teenage feeling of deja vu as I'm scrambling through the glovebox, center console, etc. and finally come up with $10. (this photo is AFTER I put in the gas!!).
 
The Ladies at my bank were REALLY sweet though, and only harassed me 'slightly', as they gave me my withdrawal even though I didn't know my account # and they had to look it up... THANK HEAVENS for small towns ;-)!
...and what are YOU thankful for?
 
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!! 
 

1 comment:

Shara said...

And on your BIRTHDAY to boot?

I rarely let my gas get lower than 3/4 of a tank. I am TRULY paranoid about running out of gas. Did that when I was on my own in college a couple of times and you just never get over it! Glad you got some gas and made it back home. Happy Thanksgiving!