Sunday, May 13, 2012

...if it makes you HAPPY!

Just a 'quickie' to say HI and wish everyone out there a SPESHUL LADIES day!
 It has been a lovely weather-perfect weekend around here! Getting LOTS accomplished, while J has been out doing a little golfing! I 'behaved' and didn't even tempt myself by looking at the SALE ADS for Saturday morning, instead I got some 'stuff' listed, and then stayed home to do some much needed work around the yard ~ still FUN! 

That's not to say I wasn't BAD on Friday Morning with a RUMMAGE SALE. My heart was pounding when I spotted these T.H.R.E.E. chains lined up in a row on the jewelry table - I knew instantly what might be attached at either end...

(SWEATER CLIPS 2012 #5,6 &7  ~ 3/$1)
 and I was RIGHT!


The only other pieces of 'honorable mention' from this Rummage Sale were D.U.G. from amongst a BIG box of misc. Xmas %H#!!  THANKS ((insert tone of sarcasm)) to blogland and all YOU lovers of PUTZ and SPUNHEADS, I did rescue some little JAPAN beaded roof Houses and a literal flock of Santas holding bottle brush trees...  not MY thing at all (though Mr. Turq. /Miss Pink 'could' almost grow on you... NO!) , but I put them in one big-ole lot in the ETSY shop, and we'll see... 



Finally, I found my way to work, only to have my Boss tell me that I should get back in my Subaru and go 4 Streets down they are having an Estate Sale... "I know you like them, it started an hour ago, but there might still be worth checking out."  So what was I to do??
(VERA 2012 #7,8,9,10  4/$1)
(VERA 2012 #11,12,13,14 4/$1.)


What was there was VERY 'Antique Store' priced... except for a couple of little stacks of Pristine, complete sets of napkins with Ladybugs on them - can you read the signature?? Anyone?? Oh, yeh.. VERA!
Then on my way out I spotted this little planter that I decided 'needed' to come come with me(?!)  Threw it in our ETSY store Sat. morning, and this morning when I got up I found that it had SOLD already - GOTTA LOVE THAT 8-)

3 comments:

Shara said...

You really do have the Midas Touch when it comes to finding sweater clips and Vera!

We won't talk about how you don't like Putz houses and spun head elves. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?????? Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? :D

You and I really could go sale-ing together - I don't think we would fight over anything.

Happy Special Lady day to you too.

Vintage Christine said...

I find that most estate sales are sometimes WORSE than antique stores because you can at least find stuff on sale at the store! If you wait to go on the last day of the sale when they discount, all the good stuff is gone, anyway. You obviously have THE BEST boss in the world!!!!!

ROBBIN (with 2 b's) said...

Ahh, those green/blue circle Vera's a great! What a find to get sets! You have always had an eye for these things. Enjoy the hunt.