Friday, April 20, 2012

...working on the bucket list!

Things are rather quiet for now, with the warm weather in the NE still sporadic.
The calendar is looking hopeful with the church RUMMAGE SEASON getting into full~swing in the next couple of weeks - YIPPEE!!
...for now we are just amusing ourselves with custard on warm evenings at our favorite spots on the Finger Lakes...
(and YES, we DID add a lock for our 10th anniversary!)
...my main 'time-consumer' currently is tackling the AGE~OLD rug hooking project...
You have all heard me talk of it before...
Yes, I.AM.GOING.TO.GET.THIS.CROSSED.OFF.MY.BUCKET.LIST!!
I keep thinking that at some point in the process I am going to start enjoying it...
so far it has all been prep-work,
and so far NOT!!
Searching for pieces of wool clothing at Rummage Sales (NEED DIFFERENT COLORS & MORE!!!) ...
Washing the wool clothing...
Cutting the wool clothing into useable pieces of cloth...
Using the Bliss Strip Cutter Machine to cut the cloth into strips...
Finding proper burlap for the backing...
YES this is a labor of L.O.V.E.
Took J to introduce him to my new favorite Sea Glass beach.
What did he find?
Not just One, but T.W.O. MARBLES!!!!
and a R.E.D. one even!
(for those of you unfamiliar with sea glassing, marbles are a rarity to find, and RED sea glass is one of the rarest colors - so to find a RED MARBLE was a MAJOR SCORE!)
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Shara said...

I LOVE Love Locks. I have a whole Pinterest Board devoted to them. I wish we had something like that around here. Maybe I should start one! Kudos on the marbles - that is an awesome find!