Tuesday, June 8, 2010

...the three 'F's of holding a garage sale...

...If you HAVE to hold a garage sale, may I recommend the THREE F's that made my recent garage sale the BEST and MOST ENJOYABLE to date... FAMILY! FUN! FOOD!
(and of course the morning Bloody Mary's didn't hurt - just joking!!)
Even with it being an EXTREMELY busy Fri & Sat, Mom and I did manage to escape and hit a few other sale - hey, where there is a will, there is a way!! I bought a couple of 1985 HILO HATTIE HAWAII mugs that I need to research in hopes of resale...

... and a found a few stickpins that I 'think' I may know a good home for, just need to get in the mail (wink~wink)


What would the day be without a few treasures for ME?? SeaHorse copper earrings, Retro Aqua earrings, Sterling aqua 'gem' pin, Vintage Rhinestone Pin, and a sweet little Sweater Clip (2010 #9) - .50¢each - gotta love it!!
Now, all the leftovers have been hauled off to charity and things are returning to normal. The house seems eerily (is that a word?) quiet and empty. I've spent most of the day in the poor neglected gardens, assuring them that they are still loved...
...Amazed at how large our little tomatoe seedlings have gotten,
and surprised that the lettuce seeds had sprouted without me even noticing!!
(Yes. I DO use swizzle sticks for plant/seed row markers.)


Now I think a serious nap is in order.
Catch you all on the flip side!

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sounds like a perfect yard sale to me!

Vintage Christine said...

Oh and hint hint hint wink wink wink I may have just found something for YOU, too. Will you and your Mom come down here to help me when I have my garage sale, please? I have to have one, it's going to be humongous but I'm dreading it. Probably late October since too hot till then. I've been finding Hawaii memorabilia lately, too, including some stuff made out of lava. Very cool!