Friday, June 18, 2010

...isn't it ironic...

*Today I had one of my best 'saling' mornings in ages...
...and now I have no inspiration to show off my 'stuff' (hopefully soon!!).
*Tomorrow morning there are T.O.N.S. of street and town sales advertised...
...and I have volunteered to golf (I'm NOT a golfer) in a benefit tournament for Habitat for Humanity.
*Today I received what is probably my last paycheck from my current job (due to financial cut-backs)...
...and tonight when we went out for Chinese my fortune cookie read:
"PURSUE YOU WORK WITH ALL DUE SERIOUSNESS"
...so, I did a 'do-over' and took a second fortune cookie:
"A MAN WITHOUT AIM IS LIKE A CLOCK WITHOUT HANDS, AS USELESS IF IT TURNS AS IF IT STANDS"
I think I shall just call it quits for today, and hope that nobody is really counting on me for too much in this tournament tomorrow morning!!

2 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Just the fact that you volunteered to be in the golf tournament is noteworthy. I'd do it as long as they had a division called "Old Broads Who Need Golfcarts In Order To Play". When did you send those stickpins? They haven't gotten here yet--maybe they decided to detour and hang out with my missing box of Fenton glass. I'm sure they'll be here today. Oh, and due to all the craziness with the closing I'll be heading to the p.o. on Monday, I PROMISE!!!

Shara said...

Oh, no on the job front. I had no idea. I am sorry!!!!!!!

Hope it is warm for your golf day. I'd hate to see photos of you out there in a parka!

Keep your chin up.;o)