Thursday, February 11, 2010

... just the 'fix' I needed!!

Tuesday I had an appointment out of town. Thankfully the snow had avoided Central NY, so I was able to hit a few 'out-of-the-norm' thrifts! Nothing spectacular, but they were all trying to clear out their Winter Stock, so 50% off Clothes was the Deal of the day. At this point in the season - after 4 months straight of cold NE weather... of wearing the same sweaters day after day after day after day... a few 'new' & CHEAP pieces to get me through to Spring are a Welcome burst of variety!! J. Jill cardigan, vintage red cashmere cardigan, vintage Pendleton pullover, Old Navy pullover, New York & Co., NWT GAP turtlenecks, New 'old church lady knit' cap in chocolate tweed w/ pom-pom - (all for less than 10 bucks!) ... AND...


2010 VERA #3
A BLOUSE!! ...a truly horrible & lousy example, but for .75¢...
( I am so proud of myself, I came home, laundered my finds, and promptly sorted T.W.O. large bags from my closet for donation!!)

Wednesday I was kinda a 'downer' day, and I dawdled on my way home at a couple of thrifts. My mind was elsewhere, but look what did catch my eye - these sweet little 'kitties' in black & white, and a grey & pink... Happy V-day Me!!

VERA (2010 #4&#5)
Alas, when I pulled in the driveway, this greeted me on the back porch!! OH, sweet sugar mother-load (with some great towels and a lovely vintage red glass decanter for good measure!!) THANKS CHRISTINE - those chocolates are to die for, and I'm not normally a 'chocolate' person!
...and HAPPY V-DAY to all of You!!

4 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Thanks for letting me know it got to you safely--so far so good with the post office. So, if I find a Vera scarf while I'm out and about, does that mean I should send it to you? Or do you just want ones that YOU find? I really don't look at scarves but since you seem to love Vera so much, maybe it's a little something I can do for ya! The Haeger . . . well, I like that, too!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Shara said...

Leaving a random comment to say I am JEALOUS about your whereabouts this week. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Sue, where did your etsy shop go? I noticed it went *poof* from my list of favorites and I was sad! Are you coming back?