Wednesday, May 7, 2014

...The Cavalier, Corks & Cinco de Mayo?

Still, 'a bit' tooo cool for any true saling in Central NY, or maybe MY saling mojo just hasn't arrive for 2014 YET!!
  For now, the date has been set and we are in PREP-MODE for our ANNUAL Family Garage sale, DEADLINE: May 30-31! I have set a goal for myself to clean out One box of 'stuff' a day between now and then...  That doesn't seem too tough!
I can't think of any better 'sale locals' that I have been to lately than this 'HOTEL CONTENTS' sale that we stumbled upon in Virginia Beach while we were on vacay recently! 
It was Monday afternoon, Last day of the sale, took us a while to figure out where to park, where the entrance was...
But, Oh baby, what a step back in time!

The people that have crossed these thresholds over the years...
If these walls could talk!!
Nothing left that we were interested in buying - old hotel room furniture (eek!)...  but just having the chance to walk through the marble foyer with the dual curving grand stair cases... several HUGE Ball rooms with their original chandeliers with walk out patios overlooking the ocean....  ((sigh))
~we bought nothing, though they were selling 12" square emblems from the original Cavalier wallpaper for $7 which did tempt me ;-) ~
(**FYI: We did inquire, it is NOT being torn down, but IS being turned into high end Condos.)


NO, This isn't Virginia Beach any more.
   It is our lovely FingerLakes....
Where I have been busy in the attic/studio with my latest 'party favors' for our 'Alumni Reunion' at the Wine & Herb Festival last Saturday...

...after the 7th Winery!!



Cork + SeaGlass + Wire Wrap = 8-)


and we can't forget...


HAPPY BELATED CINCO de MAYO!!!





1 comment:

Sarah said...

My most favorite, beloved, been with me 12 years now chairs are from a hotel liquidator! They were $20 each and they are worth a million bucks to me now. :-)