Sunday, July 20, 2008

...WHY?!!?

Can anybody out there explain to me WHY?!!?
(I have seen this vehicle around our area numerous time, but only in passing. Saturday we came across it in a parking lot - I had to pull out my phone and take a photo!!)
Saturday was HOT & STICKY here in Central NY - but it would take a LOT more than that to keep me from my 'appointed' rounds! JUMBO Sale in the nearby Skaneateles, with a 'car trunk' sale across the street and a 'town wide sale' in the next town over! Got out EARLY to try to beat the heat! Lots of purchases... mostly mundane stuff for the two nieces that are off to college for the first time next month. It was my 'duty' to hit the sales, after the sweet e-mails 'Aunt S-, if you are out garage saling, I could really use...' . I won't bore you with photos of silverware (match set even!), Pampered Chef cooking utensils, electric can opener (Sunbeam .50¢), microwave (Sharp brand, barely used w/ original box & instruction manual - $5), etc., etc...
I did manage to find a couple of 'me' items - can you guess what they are?!!...

...yes - Haeger dish ($1),

~and~

...you guessed it! (.50¢ ea!!)

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I haven't seen that vehicle yet, but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time...

Shara said...

The Bean thinks the car is "Cool". I always knew he had a bit of his grandmother's tacky side (DH's Mom).

We have a truck around here that is completely covered in bumper stickers - hood, bedliner and all. Then there's the Razorrback car that is covered in 100's of magnets, flags, stuffed animals, etc. Tack-eeeeee.

Great finds! I "might" have found a tacky chalkware fish this weekend........;o)

Unknown said...

Well, at least it's probably easy to find that car in the parking lot, right? The braids hanging off the back did make me LOL.

And when are you opening the Official Sweater Clip Museum? :D I can't believe you find so many! I've never come across a single one in all my thrifting.

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! It seems that you love the yard sales and thrift stores as much as I do!

Anonymous said...

How funny! Someone needs to take the glue gun away from that guy!

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Yay, sweater clips! You should photo up your whole collection for us to see... :D

haegerguy said...

Love all the Haeger, I'm a big collector myself. Want to invite you to the Facebook group I started, Royal Haeger Pottery Collectors. John