Monday, October 12, 2009

... it's all YOUR fault.

Our weekend in the Adirondacks was VERY, VERY good to me! I tried out the 'soul cart' for the first time -... it passed the 'capacity test', but failed in the 'height test' (as you can see, it is an older model and the handle isn't as high as on the new-fangled ones). Some modifications shall be made to the handle to make it more ergonomically correct for my 6' frame, and all will be good. One of my MAJOR scores was a vintage OUIJA Board - Finally! I got a hair-brained idea (Several years ago!!) to decorate my studio with them, and this is the first that I've found. Also shown in above are a Brand new green checked kneeling pad for me to use in the garden, a vintage pink flamingo, and..... a picnic basket. Not just any picnic basket, a Red Man ($2).

The basket made for added storage in the 'soul cart', but what was going through my head as I bought it? 'They make great storage' 'It is so useful' 'It's a Red Man... you don't have a Red Man.' WHY? WHY?



Before taking up residency in Blog-Land, I owned ONE picnic basket. The one that our family actually used for Picnics (novel concept!) when us kids were little. Now the 'Red Man' is the 4th that I have bought in the last few years. Blog-Land residents have taught me that they are great for storage, and look SO much better than plastic bins. ...It's all YOUR fault! (and that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)


This past weekend I went to a rummage sale - 'Fill a box for $3'. This kind of sale is always dangerous for me. After spotting a few things that I could do okay with on Ebay, I grabbed a box....


...and do you know what else went into that box?

When I was unpacking, I was wondering WHAT had possessed me!??! I realized it is ALL BLOG-LAND residents fault!! I see the fun, creative, interesting things that all of you are making / decorating with and I get inspired! NO, I don't own the 'crafting gene', but all of those bottle of glitter, and the straw wreath, boxes of vintage garland (Made in Italy), and a spool of ribbon (500 Yards!), and bottle brush trees, and bags of poker chips, and needlepoint hoops (large size can be used for purse/bag handles!!), and macrame books, and lettered dice, and glass for soldering, and chess pieces and a whole jar of large sequins.... it's all YOUR fault!!
How can I stay mad at Blog-Land residents though?! I would like to thank all of you for your ideas and ever changing inspiration! ... guess I better get creative.
Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program... MY trifecta finds for the last couple of weeks...
HAEGER Easter Egg planter (Warrensburg), five SWEATER CLIPS that DH found in Warrensburg, and two VERA from a local thrift this week!!
If you look closely, to the bottom left corner of the navy/white VERA, you will see another 'clip' that DH found for me. One difference. Inside this one is inscribed: KING'S KEY FINDER. With a little more research... the 1950's women clipped these to an inside pocket in there purse, so that their keys were easily accessible, and didn't fall to the bottom to get lost amongst their 'compacts', 'purse ashtrays', 'purse hooks' and 'glove clips'!! Mystery solved. (I know you all will be able to sleep better tonight!).

5 comments:

Shara said...

I'm so sorry that you had to buy that picnic basket. I have no idea who praised the use of them as storage over Rubbermaid Totes....*Whistle...*whistle*.

I often come home with things saying, "I've seen it in Blogland...." yadda yadda. The advantage is that if I decided not to use it - off to Etsy it goes.

Looks like you had a good week or so of junkin'!

★Carol★ said...

I've been blaming alot of things on blogland lately too! And Flickr. That's how my McCoy collection got ramped up, and my metal picnic basket collection got started, and the whole vintage radio debacle. It never ends!
Love all of your finds!

barbara said...

Yep, me too - I've bought things because somebody else out there bought them, not because I particularly needed (or even liked!) them. Getting better, though - there's plenty to buy as it is!

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow, what wonderful treasures you found!! That King's Key Finder is so neat!!! I've never seen one before...now I have to have one :)

heidi said...

That might be MY Ouija board! I had to get rid of it in college... it started to freak me out! lol!