Wednesday, January 27, 2021

...MINIMALIST's Nightmare


 Maybe this article by Mary Randalph Carter should be titled

A MINIMALIST's NIGHTMARE

'The Art of Collecting

I am taking stock of what I own: the things that I possess that fill a house in the country, an apartment in the city, an office. There are objects old and new, large and small; things acquired, things given or bequeathed or simply passed along. Some are sentimental, others utilitarian, but all are evidence of how I have spent my days, of where I have been, of what has inspired me, of what I have loved and who I have loved and who has loved me. They, more than words or pictures, suggest an image of who I am, of what I have become. And though I am a firm believer that there are no hard-and-fast rules when it comes to collecting, I am happy to share with you some of the lessons learned on my own collector's journey.'

This '30 Day Mins Game' that I have been participating in, has really led to a LOT of introspection... 


How much stuff is TOO MUCH?

Do I really 'want' to be more minimalist?
I think that you can all guess the answer to that question!
"They, more than words or pictures, suggest an image of who I am, of what I have become."

My 'stuff'  "sparks joy" (ie: Marie Kondo Approved - LOL)
I really have no desire to change my design aesthetic, and really have no desire for more 'open space' (other than that being a blank canvas for me to fill!!).  The 'svelteSTUFF' is staying!

~BUT~
(yes, always that Big Butt)






This 30 day challenge has opened my eyes to just.how.MUCH 'behind the scenes' excess that I have!! Socks! Clothes! Tupperware! Candles!  This kind of 'stuff' has been no problem letting go!!




I'm sure that anybody who comes to visit our home (once social distancing is no longer required!!) will find it hard to believe that I purged over 500 items in January 2021, but That's Alright with Me!


enJOY!
be well

No comments: